Increase your knowledge of the special education system to protect and advocate for your student’s access to a free and appropriate education (FAPE). The Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) has partnered with the Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council (CDDC) to facilitate trainings for families and caregivers to help them navigate the education system in ways that set students up for success and could prevent suspension and expulsion, especially those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD).
Who should attend?
- Any parent, guardian, or caregiver of a child with a disability.
Key components of the training include:
- A FREE, interactive 2-hour virtual training.
- Access to resources that support families in their advocacy work.
- Follow-up opportunities for personalized coaching with experts in special education and advocacy to help parents plan for, engage in, and reflect on advocacy activities.
Key objectives of the training include:
- Building a community
Schedule a Training!
- September 21, 2021 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- September 28, 2021 5-7 p.m.