Hear from leaders representing urban and rural Colorado school districts districts in this video presentation of The State of Reopening Education in Colorado. This discussion was held on November 13, 2020 and revolved around core questions including:
- What’s a hard lesson learned in reopening?
- What is going well in your community?
- What’s the elephant in the room that should be named?
- What’s a bold idea for moving forward?
Many themes emerged as participants from rural and urban areas across the state shared their perspectives about how the 2020-21 school year is unfolding. Discussion ranged from social and emotional health concerns to staffing/training concerns, equity, the digital divide, and multiple models of learning.
- Chris Gdowski / Superintendent, Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Bree Jones / Superintendent, La Veta School District
- Darrin Peppard / Superintendent, West Grand School District
- Karen Quanbeck / Superintendent, Clear Creek School District
- David Singer / Executive Director, University Prep Charter Schools
- Diana Sirko / Superintendent, Mesa County Valley School District 51
- Michael Thomas / Superintendent, Colorado Springs School District 11
- George Welsh / Superintendent, Canon City Schools